Orangeburg Workers’ Compensation Benefits

Orangeburg workers’ compensation benefits fall under two broad categories: disability money and medical care. Even though many injured workers are entitled to benefits, actually receiving them can be a challenge. Injury victims often find that insurance companies are difficult to negotiate with and are reluctant to make full payments.

If you are struggling to get the payments you need after a work accident, reach out to an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. They could handle negotiations on your behalf and fight for full and fair workers’ compensation benefits.

Total Disability Benefits

If a worker is completely unable to work after an injury, they may qualify for total disability benefits. These benefits can be temporary or permanent, depending on the situation. If someone has any questions about temporary and permanent Orangeburg workers’ compensation benefits, call a seasoned lawyer.

Temporary Total Disability

When someone is injured, they may be temporarily out of work and unable to go back to their job or any other job. This could be because they are having surgery, recovering from an injury, or for some other reason. This is known as temporary total disability (TTD).

In these cases, the insurance company is supposed to pay them two-thirds of what they were earning at the time of the accident. The injured worker is supposed to receive payments each week while they are temporarily totally disabled.

Permanent Total Disability

Permanent total disability occurs when a person is permanently injured and they can never return to work. It is also known as permanent total wage loss. In those cases, the injured worker should be seeking long-term total benefits for permanent total wage loss.

Partial Wage Loss Payments

A worker who is unable to do their old job but is able to work in some capacity may also qualify for Orangeburg workers’ compensation benefits. This is known as partial wage loss. Like total disability benefits, these payments can be temporary or permanent.

Calculating the proper payments can be confusing to the layperson, but it is quite simple for an experienced lawyer. An attorney could do the math on behalf of the injured worker to make sure they get all the benefits they are entitled to for partial wage loss.

Temporary Partial Wage Loss

Someone may qualify for a partial wage loss if they have to work fewer hours and/or at a lower wage than they did prior to the work accident. In these cases, the injured worker is entitled to two-thirds of the difference between their post-accident wage and what they used to make.

For example, if someone used to make $600 a week and now they make only $300, they are entitled to benefits of two-thirds of the difference between the pre-accident and post-accident wage. In this case, their partial wage loss benefits would be $200 per week in addition to their paycheck of $300.

Permanent Partial Wage Loss

Some people have a partial wage loss that is not just temporary but extends into the future. For example, someone who was injured and may not be able to go back to their former job, but they may be able to do some other type of work. If they used to earn $60,000 a year and now earn only $30,000, that is a permanent wage loss. They would be entitled to permanent partial wage loss benefits. The workers’ compensation attorney may help them understand the appropriate number and seek full payment for the benefits without lost wages.

Medical Treatment

The main category of workers’ compensation benefits is medical treatment. All relevant medical expenses should be 100 percent paid by the insurance company on behalf of the injured worker. The injured worker should not have to pay any co-pays, deductibles, or any other out of pocket expenses.

The employer’s insurance company should be paying 100 percent the medical expenses for past, current, and future medical treatments for any conditions that are causally related to the accident.

Consulting With an Orangeburg Attorney About Workers’ Compensation Benefits

If you were injured in a work accident, disability payments and medical expenses are the two areas of Orangeburg workers’ compensation benefits you could receive. Unfortunately, insurance providers can sometimes be reluctant to pay the benefits you deserve. If you need help with your case, reach out to a dedicated workers’ compensation lawyer. With lots of detailed, skilled analyses, they could ensure you receive the maximum benefits you are entitled to under the law.





Free Consultation

(843) 884-6615

The contents of this Web site are for informational purposes regarding legal issues in South Carolina and are not intended to convey detailed legal advice on specific issues. Transmission of the information contained in this site or any sites linked hereto is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Our attorneys practice law only in jurisdictions we are properly authorized to do so and do not seek to represent anyone in any jurisdiction where this site does not comply with applicable laws and bar rules. The lawyers of the law firm of Christmas Injury Lawyers are licensed to practice law in the State of South Carolina. Readers should not act upon the information contained in this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your area.

Attorneys principally practice in Mt. Pleasant office, but we will meet you at the time and office most convenient to you. We will also come to your hospital room or home upon request.

The information given above are examples of actual cases with actual clients our law firm has handled in the past. The reviews listed on our website are endorsements and/or testimonials from actual clients. Any results our law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.

In an effort to continue serving the community while keeping everyone healthy and safe, our office is offering phone and video consultations. To schedule or learn more call (843) 884-6615 or fill out a contact form here.