Truck accidents are some of the most devastating accidents on the road. Because tractor-trailers vastly outweigh most other vehicles on the road, any accident has the potential to result in major property damage and severe injury.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident and have questions or concerns, contact an Orangeburg truck accident lawyer today. As a recognized personal injury firm, the esteemed truck accident lawyers are prepared to answer your questions and to secure compensation for your accident and injuries.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety has reported that there were over 4,500 accidents involving large trucks in 2015, the last year that they published statistics. A vast majority of these collisions were reported to be caused by the truck driver. Unfortunately, these statistics represent a trend of increasing accidents with large trucks and tractor-trailers. Some of the causes of truck accidents include:
- Poor visibility – Tractor-trailers have substantially larger blind spots, meaning that unless a truck driver is paying close attention, they may not be able to see another vehicle while they are turning or merging lanes
- Driving too fast for the road conditions – According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, another leading cause of truck accidents can be attributed to drivers exceeding safe speeds for the road conditions
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs – Driving a large truck requires a driver’s complete attention, however, a large number of accidents have been attributed to truck drivers driving under the influence of either alcohol or some other drug
No matter the cause of a truck accident, our truck accident attorneys are prepared to help you. With decades of experience representing truck accident victims, an attorney can work closely with investigators and experts to determine the cause of an accident and who is liable.
Potential Compensation for a Truck Accident
A tractor-trailer can be as long as eighty feet from the front of the cab to the back of the trailer, whereas the average passenger vehicle is around twelve feet. In addition, a large truck can weigh up to 80,00 pounds when fully loaded with cargo, therefore any truck accident has the potential to cause serious property damage and life-threatening personal injury.
In the event you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, an Orangeburg truck accident lawyer is prepared to help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages for time spent recovering
- Lost earning capacity
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage to your vehicle
While there is no exact formula for determining the true cost of a truck accident, an Orangeburg truck accident attorney can help determine what compensation you are entitled to, and in addition, will work closely with you to determine your damages and injuries.
Talking to an Orangeburg Truck Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck accident, you should contact an experienced Orangeburg truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Large trucking companies will aggressively pursue and defend any claim that their driver was negligent, and will use aggressive tactics and hire insurance companies that are eager to pass liability onto innocent drivers.
Our truck accident attorneys have decades of combined experience helping truck accident victims recover compensation from a truck accident and are prepared to answer all your questions. Contact a truck accident lawyer today for a free consultation.