Slips, trips, and falls are a major source of injuries and even fatal injuries in Myrtle Beach. While many people think that these accidents are nothing to be concerned about, those who have suffered a slip and fall at a store, on the sidewalk, or at a restaurant know all too well the pain and suffering that a slip and fall accident can bring. A Myrtle Beach slip and fall lawyer is prepared to help protect your rights after a slip and fall accident.
If you or someone you love has suffered a slip and fall injury, it is important to contact a diligent slip and fall injury lawyer as soon as possible, with decades of experience and a proven record, a Myrtle Beach slip and fall lawyer can help you recover compensation for your pain and injuries.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
When a person is on another’s property whether it be a store, restaurant, mall, or even in a public space, the owner of that property has a duty to keep the premises safe from potentially harmful conditions.
This means in the event of a spill on the floor, a store owner has a duty to clean the spill and ensure that no one is injured by slipping on liquid. However, liquid on the floor is not the only cause of slip and fall accidents. A number of accidents can be attributed to:
- Raised or un-level
- Lack of handrails or poorly maintained handrails
- Poorly light walkways
- Torn carpeting
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Loose floorboards
A Myrtle Beach slip and fall attorney can help a person investigate the cause of a slip and fall accident, work with and negotiate with insurance companies, and file a personal injury suit or workers compensation claim on a person’s behalf.
Common Injuries from Slip and Fall Accidents
According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and fall accidents will cause eight million people to seek medical treatment at emergency rooms every year. This statistic means that slip and fall accidents are among the leading causes for people going to the emergency room every year.
For those injured in a slip and fall accident the following injuries are common:
- Bone fractures – fractures to the bones in the hands, wrist, ankles, and legs are common in slip and fall accidents. However, often the most serious fractures occur in the hips which often lead to serious and major health complications.
- Head Injuries – when a person falls it is often not possible for them to protect their head from hitting the ground or pavement, this can result in concussions, brain bleeds, or traumatic brain injuries.
- Sprains and strains – because a person is not prepared for a fall it is very common for delicate tendons and ligaments in the shoulders, hands, wrist, feet, and ankles to suffer a sprain or a strain.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – falls can cause injury and damage to the delicate muscles and nerves in the back that run along the spinal column resulting in debilitating pain as well as limited mobility.
Slip and fall accidents in Myrtle Beach are not something to take lightly, an injury may mean missing days from work or being unable to work, incurring medical expenses, and in some cases, it can mean losing a loved one.
Recoverable Damages from Slip and Fall Accidents
Many slip and fall accidents result in serious and even life-long injuries. Fortunately, the law provides a means of helping fall victims recover compensation, and seeks to make a fall victim whole again.
For a slip and fall victim, this means they can recover for both their economic damages, as well as non-financial losses. A Myrtle Beach slip and fall attorney may be able to assist in getting compensation for:
- Medical expenses incurred to date
- Future medical expenditures made necessary by fall injuries
- Past and ongoing pain and discomfort
- Emotional distress and emotional problems resulting from injuries
- Loss of past income due to missed work
- Loss of future income when permanent injuries exist and limit earning power
Talk to a Myrtle Beach Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury because of a slip and fall accident, contact a Myrtle Beach slip and fall lawyer today.
With decades of combined experience, the personal injury lawyers have been helping individuals, workers, and nursing home residents recover from slip and fall accidents by aggressively pursuing compensation.