When you choose a doctor, surgeon, or other healthcare worker to find and fix medical problems, you place them in an enormous position of trust. Unfortunately, some practitioners make mistakes, or even abuse that trust. The effects can be catastrophic—and often lifelong.
Our team knows what you’re going through, and our Goose Creek medical malpractice attorneys want to help. You may be wondering, “Can I sue my doctor for malpractice?” Our experienced injury lawyers have assisted many individuals and families in getting the compensation and justice they deserve, and we want the opportunity to do the same for you.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
Are you aware of the statistics regarding medical malpractice? Many victims of medical malpractice don’t know just how common it is, or that millions of people suffer the exact same types of injuries they do. Here’s a quick look at the facts:
- Over 2,500 disciplinary actions are taken against medical workers annually on behalf of patients and families.
- According to a Harvard study, only one-eighth of medical malpractice instances are pursued for redress in court.
- According to the Institute of Medicine, 1.5 million people suffer each year from preventable medication errors.
- The Institute of Medicine also found that hospitals see between 50,000 and 100,000 deaths from medical errors annually.
- According to certain estimates, over 7,000 doctors are in need of formal discipline annually. This is much greater than the number of sanctions actually issued by medical boards.
Statistics like these demonstrate that almost anyone can be a victim of medical malpractice. In fact, it is believed that the actual number of victims is much greater than it appears here, since some pass away without suspicion of negligence. A Goose Creek medical malpractice lawyer can help.
Free Consultation with a Goose Creek Medical Malpractice Attorney
It can be difficult for a person to answer the question, “Am I victim of medical malpractice?” There is much more to malpractice law than can be explained here. You are likely to have many questions and concerns that deserve practical, straightforward answers. Contact us today for a free consultation. Our Goose Creek medical malpractice lawyers will discuss your options, and determine if we can offer assistance in your case.